Monday, June 6, 2011

In the spirit of summer!

Summer is here and most of us are gearing up for our family vacation. Got the kids packed? check. Your sanity? Hmmmmm not so sure. Here are some tips that can hopefully keep your kids at bay during those long car rides.
 -Stop at the dollar store and pick up some little knick knack toys. Whether it's a slinky,coloring       book or puzzle it's bound to buy you a little peace of mind.
 -Have games lined up that kids usually enjoy like I Spy. A great one my MIL taught me is Robot. You tell the child to move like a robot in various ways then say you are going to turn the robot off. My oldest son was quiet for 30 minutes pretending to be a turned off robot.          
 -Lastly, my husband invested in a portable DVD player which is only used in the car during the trip, once we reach our destination it's turned off and we enjoy our vacation as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment